Monday, January 26, 2009

maryrambin:

Last night I ate at Mozza Osteria. I knew it was going to be good after eating at Mozza Pizzeria on my last trip. Plus, it’s damn near impossible to get a reservation. But, I know people, so I get to roll big every once in a while.

What I’m saying is that it’s no surprise I’m going to applaud the food and service. The whole menu is cheese and created by Mario Batali, how could that ever be bad? Mozzarella, Burrata, Ricotta, delicioso! For the entree, we split the one of the juiciest ducks I’ve ever consumed. Dessert was a total failure, but I shouldn’t have ordered it after all of the cheese.

Here’s the part I loved the most: the atmosphere. Dining is refined without being old and pretentious. Recently, New York restaurants have been springing up all over LA in an attempt to raise the bar for the Hollywood high-rollers. I’ve eaten at a few (BLT, Craft), and they’re total disappointments. Sitting in Mozza is the closest NYC experience I’ve had: great food with a sophisticated atmosphere.

I’m not going to lie, it’s pricey, but totally worth it.

US:

Things about this post that make me retch:

it’s damn near impossible to get a reservation:
Not really. Pretty much anyone can get a reservation on a Tuesday night.


I know people, so I get to roll big every once in a while:
Stop acting like you are “connected” in LA just because you lived there through college. No one knows or cares who the fuck you are. You are NOT a celebrity. Your “style” blog sucks, and if anyone does know who you are it’s because of your sister or Julia, not your own merit. And that will NOT get you reservations. Ew. You also should NEVER say “roll big”. You are the whitest white bitch I’ve ever known of, and you are NOT hip enough to use words like “roll big”. It’s like hearing someone’s mom say it, it’s just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment