Saturday, January 31, 2009

“Now, take the glitz back. I want the soul instead.”

Vanessa Carlton, “Nolita Fairytale” (via charlsie)
Charlsie, dear… I like you. Please don’t let this initial experience with New York define the city for you. Starting off somewhere new is always hard. I was born in New York and spent the majority of my growing up years there, and the city is infinite and romantic with so very much to offer. But starting off somewhere new anywhere is tough. Multiply that by the biggest number you can think of, and that’s the shock of moving from your every day family life and neighborhood to a metropolis. I promise you, that in time you would find your own path. You would make great friends and have unbelievable experiences. You just have to give it time and faith. One thing I have learned to be undeniably true in life is that wherever you go, there you are. If who you are inside is honest and beautiful at the core, at the soul you speak of here… You will see that emulated by everything around you if you just give it enough time to set. There are all kinds of people in this world. We have to be grateful for that, in a way. Life would be boring and we would learn nothing if everyone was simply “good”. Immerse yourself in the beauty of your journey and have faith in who you are.

I think you will do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment