Monday, January 26, 2009

maryrambin:

When I first began writing my blog, I was more….myself. I was straightforward and sassy, witty….and now I feel like I’m trying not to offend people. Honestly, the rebloggers and critics have gotten to me. I’m just not used to it.

But you know what…I’m bored, and I think you are too.

Two days ago, I read a post from Colin Whats-his-name, the pretentious event planner, and I just wanted to throw up after reading about his “particularly long week” and “reasons to celebrate” with his “nearest and dearest.”

Julia turned to me and said, “You know what bunny, you sound like that sometimes.”

My repsonse, “I know and I hate it.”

US:

Uh oh we better “watch out!”, LOL.

Scary is trying to make us think she WASN’T being herself all this time. Right. Okay, nice spin but bitch please.

“So, I’m going to be me. And for those of you who are looking for something deep, that’s not what I’m here to do.”

Obviously.

“I’m an escapist. If it hurts or is too challenging, I leave, I avoid. “

Oh Mary, please don’t TEASE US SO! Go with your gut. Bail before you ruin any chance you have of being taken seriously EVER in life.

“In terms of the world around us, let’s be honest here, no one knows what the hell is going on.”

Just because YOU are oblivious doesn’t mean the rest of us are. If you (or any of the girls really) bothered to read what the rest of us lowly non-microcelebretards post, there are TONS of aware people posting about things that matter. “Deep” things. But you only reblog yourselves because it’s all part of your plan.

You are just another fucking brick in the wall, bitch. Do you even GET that reference? Doubtful.

So, I’m going to be me. And for those of you who are looking for something deep, that’s not what I’m here to do. I don’t claim to have the absolute answer to what life means, or even what you should wear.

I’m an escapist. If it hurts or is too challenging, I leave, I avoid. This is the first time in my life I’m dealing with issues life sends my way. Hell yes I’m scared. I’ve been an entreprenuer for 4 years, and let me tell you, I have wanted to bail out many times and surrender to the security of corporate America.

In terms of the world around us, let’s be honest here, no one knows what the hell is going on. We are in the midst of an economic crisis and are forced to choose between the lesser of two devils to lead us out of it. This election, I’m up in the air to be honest with you. The bail out, I can’t tell you how to deal with it. This isn’t what I know. Of course I have an opinion, but I’m not sharing that with you.

I hope you find a smile while you read my posts in the midst of all of this chaos. Possibly where you can find an affordable blazer or the perfect mascara. Whatever!!!

The girls and I have put together a fantastic outlet for you to come and enjoy our fun experiences, learn from them, and incorporate our successes and mistakes into your own lives. Whether it’s makeup or men, we want to offer you more than just a review.

So, I’m going back to me. No restraint, watch out. Maybe I should put a Rated R stamp on the top of my site. I have quite the potty mouth.

NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment