Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Because I work through my exhaustion. You should try it, Jules.

Dear Julia,
Tip #854958394: never underestimate the intelligence of a stranger.
xo
SM

SM: as far as you, and your image... no one understood it but i kind of defended you until the google thing
JA: there was no google thing
seriously
SM: that was really disappointing on so many levels
JA: dude, I am not joking.
there was no google thing. I don't know where you got that idea, honestly!!
SM: that is a classic cheat method
and how could a spammer do that?
JA: huh?
We had - stupidly - open posting allowed.
SM: and why did mary delete her post addressing it?
JA: people spammed our question of the day and advice box with credit ratings links
we deleted them
I asked her to.
SM: said your programmer would make a statement and that never came
JA: wasn't relevant to our lifecast
Listen, I am many things, but dishonest is not one of them
plus, I don't care enough about our rank
SM: i have never heard of spam that can access your html code to embed keywords that happen to bring you to the #1 position when those words are googled
JA: huh? dude, it doesn't have "access to our code" - when you respond to a question of the day, it becomes part of the site
SM: true
but how would that benefit a spammer?
it was invisible
JA: It's not invisible ... I don't really know what to say. It's not really important for us to be #1 when you search for credit scores. I can't even believe I've spent 15 minutes talking about this.
if you knew our programmers, you would laugh hysterically at the though.
thought
SM: we don't have to dig into that further, it's just something that impacted me re: how i personally perceive you, for whatever that one opinion is worth
JA: except that you're literally making stuff up
I don't know what to say
SM: what did i make up?
JA: it's really obnoxious, actually. and I have a high threshold.
If I say something, then that is the case.
I don't lie.
I just don't.
I don't know what to tell you
SM: ok
JA: there's no fucking point for us to do that. YOU THINK WE HAVE TIME!??!?!?!
SM: well i am not trying to just sit here and make things up off the top of my head
JA: that's the thing that drives me the MOST crazy
it's like, I BARELY HAVE TIME TO FREAKING SLEEP
Let alone think of some retarded scheme to get us on the top of some stupid google search
you know?
that's what kills me
the other thing that kills me is when people accuse me of writing letters to myself.
like, WHEN WOULD I DO THAT?!?!?
WHEN WOULD I HAVE THE TIME TO DO THAT/!?!?!
sorry.
ranting.
SM: ok like... when i asked you about the dyke comment and you said you used to be so PC and then you got lax because you assumed people know that you are liberal
i get that
but at the same time... when people visit your site, they dont know you personally
JA: I know.
SM: so they DONT just know that
JA: it's a problem.
SM: its the same kind of thing
JA: I talk to readers like they're my friends.
but ... they're not.
SM: you could be just as honest as any of my best friends
JA: It's an issue.
SM: but its the way things are APPEARING that is the issue
JA: we actually talked about this - perception vs. reality
it's a huge issue on the internet
obviously
because the reality is, I'm more honest and upstanding now than I ever was when I was younger.
but I'm held to this retarded standard
Like, WHAT IF I WANTED TO SLEEP AROUND!?!?!
SM: i mean in my opinion what is causing this for you guys is the accumulation of the "little things"... adds up to something not pretty
JA: that's my prerogative! and yet. it's not anymore ...
nah, everyone has little things. you'll never run a company without little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment